Choosing the most suitable Conservatory Company
With hundreds of companies across the UK offering new orangeries & conservatories, maybe you should create yourself a list or work off a buyers guide.
Buying a conservatory can be quite a costly experience, not only for the initial cost, but also for putting things right if you have a bad job done. There are horror stories about, but if you do your homework first, you can avoid the pitfalls.
Quick Buyers Guide
make sure your installer is a member of a trade body such as, or similar to:
- Get lots of quotes – compare prices from at least 4 different companies
- Get references from previous customers
- Get it in writing – everything you can
- look for insurance backed deposit guarantees
- look for workmanship warranties
- Check their customer service record
- Don’t buy “on the night” take a few days at least to consider your decision
- check for planning permission & building regulations
- Tell your neighbors before you start work – (that there may be some disturbance)
Always take your time, don’t rush any decision – remember, decide in haste, repent at leisure.